Valentine’s Day Activities for your February shelf work!
Heart Sticker Activity
Draw a heart on construction paper with dots.
Have the child place heart stickers purchased from the dollar store on each dot. This activity enhances fine motor skills and one to one correspondence.
Have the child place the heart stickers all around the heart and inside the heart.
Heart Scooping Activity
Buy small rock hearts at the dollar tree and do a scooping activity. The child first scoops from the big bowl to the small bowl, then uses the spoon to spoon one heart at a time and places it in each ice cube tray space. This teaches one to one correspondence, a math skill needed for counting.
Buy scratch and sniff valentine’s day cards from the dollar tree
Have the child smell the card and match the card to the card that smells the same. All cards smell different. This is a great sensorial activity to enhance the sense of smell.
Buy Valentine’s Day Cards, these are robot valentine’s day cards from the dollar tree.
Have the child match the Valentine’s Day cards. This is good visual discrimination practice.
Sorting Hearts by Size
Purchase heart foam stickers of different sizes from dollar tree and have the child sort the heart: LARGE, MEDIUM, SMALL
Math Quantity Game
Buy a small Valentine’s Day mailbox for a dollar in target or use a small box and decorate it with red and use small foam heart stickers purchased at the dollar store to play a math quantity game. Use a die, I made this one out of a tissue box and used printer paper to cover it. Roll the die and get a number. Then put the correct number of hearts through the mailbox. Continue rolling the die and placing hearts in the mailbox until all the hearts are inside the mailbox!
CHRISTMAS & WINTER ACTIVITY PACK
for Pre-K & Kindergarten!
52 hands on activities for pre-k and kindergarten which include literacy, math, visual discrimination, arts & crafts, puzzles and writing prompts. This pack has activities geared toward morning work, math and literacy centers, independent busy work, and group work. Complete pack for Christmas and Winter! simply print and hand out or laminate and put in a center!
This pack includes learning:
– Math number quantity, number recognition, measuring and number order activities
– shape recognition cut and paste activities
– Visual discrimination Sizing activities
– Visual discrimination matching and finding objects activities
– Letter work- alphabet recognition, lower and upper case matching, alphabet order activities
– Sight word matching activities and sight word reading, writing and pasting activities
– Cut and paste beginning sound activities
– Look and spell activities
– Patterning activities
-Arts & crafts- build a snowman, build a Christmas tree, label a snowman, read and color, color by number
-Writing prompts about Christmas and winter
-Puzzles- number order and word building
-CVC word and picture match
Download Christmas/Winter Activity Pack for free!
Below are some examples of the activities included, plus much much more!!!
Easy to make paper plate pumpkin art activity instructions:
1) Get a paper plate and some orange paint
2) Let the child paint the pumpkin, then air dry plate
3) Once dry add the eyes and mouth. I cut out foam shapes for Jade which has adhesive tape on the back. You can cut out construction paper or foam and glue it as well.
4) let the child add any final touches with markers or do-a-dot markers
The final product!!!!!